Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Garden Center of New Canaan's 70th Anniversary Celebration!





This week I had the privelage of participating in designing a tablescape for The Garden Center of New Canaan's 70th Anniversary Celebration! I could not be more happy, tabletop is such a passion and of course it's for charity, why not.

The theme of this table was "Gosford", the name of one of the dinner plates from William Yeoward dinnerware collection. I love all the spring colors and thought it would work perfectly for the Garden Center Celebration. What's really amazing about these plates is how you can dress them up or down depending on the occasation, here I went for the fun afternoon lunch.

When planning a tablescape or party you really need to think of a game plan beforehand. I did not have this amazing tablecloth seating around. So I went shopping and found this incredible Nina Campbell fabric, which set the tone. But I do have to say, it's a little formal for me so I designed the tablecloth similar to how a bebskirt would be made with inset corners and 9 inch box pleats around the base which just touch the floor and of course added an accent, a gorgous 3 inch tape from Osborne and Little. Worked Perfect!

Then I went crazy with my favorite William Yeoward crystal, flatware and dinnerware. (All available at Cobble Court Interiors and CobbleCourt.com) The design inspiration for the crystal is drawn from antique pieces originally made in England and Ireland during the 18th and early 19th centuries. Every piece of William Yeoward crystal is entirely made by hand using the same traditional methods employed over 150 years ago. Unusual hand cutting and engraving are distinctive elements of William Yeoward Crystal, producing beautiful yet practical pieces. Perfect for this afternoon lunch!

Mixing the old and the new I've created a creative and memorable tablescape, which in the long run... A) you had fun preparing and B) your guests will thoroughly enjoy.

I know I left a couple of thinks out from the pictures above but please comment and I'll get back to you with any information. Have a great day planning your next tablescape!

No comments: